A live-in caregiver is someone who provides care to children, the elderly or the disabled in a private household. After working two years as a live-in caregiver you can apply to be a permanent resident in Canada.
There are four major requirements
- You must have at least grade 12 educations
- You must have six months of full-time training in a classroom setting or twelve months of full-time paid employment, including at least six months of continuous employment with one employer in a field or occupation related to the job you are seeking as a live-in caregiver. You may have gained your training or experience in areas such as early childhood education, geriatric care, paediatric nursing or first aid.
- You must be able to speak, read and understand either English or French at a level that allows you to function independently in a home setting.
- You must have a written employment contract between you and your future employer
How we can help?
- Assessment, of your credentials so as to qualify for Live-in Caregiver program
- Find a suitable employer for you in Canada
- Work towards HRSDC validation of your job offer
- Preparing a final submission to the Visa Pos